Friday, November 24, 2006

My 2nd story from at school!!!


By Shari Hooper

DIARY

Plain
and
Simple,
but evacuated





OPENING
19th of July 1943

My train left at eight o’clock in the morning for I was being evacuated because there was bombing in London. It’s very frightening to leave home and travel by your self, but my friend Sisillia was also being evacuated. We got on the train together and finally left London. My parents waved, mother sobbing in father’s arms. I waved back. When we were about halfway the train stopped. We heard mostly all wardrobes opening and found out that Germans had stopped the train. “Quick hide,” the conductor whispered. We found a huge drawer under the seat where Sisillia and I could fit in. The German came into out cabin. “Nothing, take the five we found Bob,” he said. The Germans must have caught five children. The train eventually started again and I started looking out of the window worried it would happen again. We finally got to a little town called York. We had to go to an office where we were to picked up by our new “mothers”. I wondered and wondered if she was going to be nice!

BUILD-UP
20th of July 1943
It took our new Mother one whole day to here for she was Scottish. In the morning I put my best dress on that I had sewn myself. She came that morning to the little motel I had to stay in. I looked up at the lovely figure standing in the doorway. She had long black glossy hair and a lovely china doll powdered face, she reminded me of mother but I could tell it wasn’t her because mother had lovely shiny green eyes and her evacuee mother had nice sky-blue eyes. Her name was Ms. Poppins, her full name was Ms. Rhiannon Varija Poppins. She took me and my brother and Sisillia to her home. She was ever so kind . She made chicken and leek pie for dinner with some baby spring vegetables, my favourite! At 6 o’ clock in the evening Seff started reading all the books, he couldn’t live without them. “Bed time,” Ms. Poppins said, but at the same time a letter was pushed through our door, it was from father. I took it and read the lovely hand writing in red ink, it said:
Dear Moira and Seff,
Mother has been taken away by horrible Germans, for I think they killed her. I will understand how you feel while reading this letter.
Sincerely loving you, Father.
P.S Don’t cry, I can tell when you’re crying, by heart!

My heart stood still!


DILEMMA!
21st of July 1943
That evening I went to bed sobbing like mad. I woke up at four in the morning for the danger alarm went off! “ THE GERMANS ARE ATTACKING!,” Ms. Poppins cried. We all hid in the bathroom but the Germans were already heading over to us! So we spread out. I went into the bedroom and hit behind the settee. Before I knew the German was heading to the bedroom looking in wardrobes, whisking duvets and mattresses of beds and pushing book cases over. At last he came to the settee and started out whisking all the cushions off. Then he threw the settee over, finding me! He grabbed me by my arms and threw me in a vehicle. I almost knew what was coming!




EVENTS 22nd of July 1943
I was held in a cell but I saw a mysterious figure in that same cell, I lit a candle that was in the corner. It was mother sitting in a corner, “ MOTHER,” I screamed. “Huh, Moira sweet pee ,” shouted mother,” how are you doing?”
“Quite well,” I lied,” father said you may have gotten killed, what’s that heap outside beside the jail?”
“They’re dead people, and that’s where your granny is lying…,” but mother was interrupted,” MAIL,” a German said firmly, he threw a lovely red envelope inside our cell, I opened it and it said:
Dear Moira,
I am Captain Widdershins, your father’s bos. I’m sorry to tell you this unfortunate event but your father had just perished by a bomb, tell your mother this unfortunate news.
Greetings from Captain Widdershins.

I gave the letter to mother and we both started crying,” we have to get out of here Moi!,” mother said.
“I’m thin enough,” I said started making my way to the bars, I stuck my head through the bars and there was a guard looking the opposite direction of my mother and I. I pushed my whole body through and on purpose I clapped my hands to get the guard’s attention. “
Get back here!,” the guard shouted running after me.
“You’re a slowpoke!,” I chuckled to the guard. Mother stuck an arm out and punched the guard right in the face! He was knock-out. I took the keys and unlocked the cell, we found a close by window and opened it. We actually jumped through the window and outside, my nighty flowing beside me.
It wasn’t a great height! :)




ENDING!
22nd of July 1943 ( Next part of escape
We ran and ran after the great jump. My mother punched a German out of a car. We got in. “Mother, will father come back tomorrow?,” I asked.
“No, he’s never coming back,” Mother said hopeful that he would come back. I thought that dead people could come back. I fell asleep for an hour, at seven o’clock we got back to the evacuee house. “Moira!!!,” Ms. Poppins cried,” are you alright dear?”
“Yes!,” I replied. My mother helped my evacuee mother and from that day on I knew father was never coming back!
Here’s the last letter I got:
Dearest Moira,
I’m sorry to say, but I think I’m going to die.
There are so many bombs being fired that I think
That I wont make it. Don’t worry if this letter
arrives late because the postmen aren’t working
that much now because of the bombs! Here’s a little present and promise you will bring me flowers if I die!

From your Loving father! Kisses


He knew he was going to die! I opened up the envelope and found a little diamond ring inside, the diamond was a locket and inside was a picture of my father and mother!
Love Moira.

1 comment:

S. Hortiani said...

I think it is nice because all parts of this story are not boring!
I like best OPENING!